Born in 1983 in Warsaw, Poland, Kasia Uminska obtained a degree in Art History in Poland and graduated with a Master in Advanced Studies in Art History at the University of Barcelona. After years of theoretical research on art, she decided to study Arts to combine the theoretical knowledge with her strong necessity of the artistic expression. Although she has been drawing and painting since childhood, she decided to dedicate herself professionally and exclusively to art quite recently and in 2016 she started to learn directly from renowned contemporary artists. In her works she uses graphite and charcoal as a main medium. She pursues a figurative realistic representation with emphasis on the quality of the technique, trying to capture all the subtleties of details and textures as well as the poetry of light and the emotional mood of the subjects. However, the realistic representation is refracted in a singular way through the imagination. There is a clear pretension to create images that are, at the same time, a realistic representation and a fantastic creation, a simulacrum, an illusion.
"I think the artist's imagination fills his works with creativity and turns them into unique and mysterious creations, into a visual narrative poem."
Currently, Kasia Uminska lives and works in Ibiza, Spain.
- 2018 September – Osamu Obi, oil painting workshop, MEAM, Barcelona.
- 2018 April - Emanuele Dascanio, drawing workshop (graphite, charcoal, pierre noire), Ibiza.
- 2017 October - Eloy Morales, oil painting workshop, Madrid.
- 2017 April - Dirk Dzimirsky, graphite drawing workshop, Ibiza.
- 2017 March - Emanuele Dascanio, drawing workshop (graphite, charcoal, pierre noire), Ibiza.
- 2016 - Emanuele Dascanio, drawing workshop (graphite, charcoal, pierre noire), Ibiza.
- 2008 – 2010 Master in Advanced Studies in Art History at University of Barcelona.
- 2002 – 2007 Masters Degree in Art History at Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński’s University in Warsaw.
- 2019 October, Collective Exhibition: “Skate Art”, Ghostar Ink Gallery, Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
- 2018 September/October, Collective exhibition: “Mi mundo interior”, Museo Fuente Álamo, Murcia, Spain.
- 2018 November/December, Collective exhibition: “Mi mundo interior”, Fundación Pedro Cano, Blanca, Spain.
- 2018 September, Pop-up Art Event: ETHEREAL (a fusion of Visual Art and Music) - Nagai – Ibiza, Spain.
- 2018 May, Pop-up Art Event: ETHEREAL (a fusion of Visual Art and Music) - Nagai – Ibiza, Spain.