Born in 1983 in Poland, Kasia Uminska, obtained a Degree and Master in Art History in Warsaw and graduated with a second Master in Advanced Studies in Art History at the University of Barcelona. Although, she has been painting and drawing since childhood, she decided to dedicate herself professionally and exclusively to art quite recently. In 2016 she started to learn directly from renowned contemporary artists. Emanuele Dascanio has been her greatest influence, teacher and mentor.
At the moment, her main medium is graphite and charcoal. In her creations she pursues a realistic representation, mainly figurative, rich in details and textures. However, this realistic rendering is refracted in a singular way through the imagination. There is a clear pretension to create images that are, at the same time, a realistic representation as well as an imaginative, dreamlike creations.
“I try to create realistic images, but, at the same time, make them symbolic, poetic, magical and illusory. I believe that the artist's imagination fills his works with creativity and turns them into unique and mysterious creations, into a visual poem. "- Kasia Uminska
- 2020 - Museum Contea del Caravaggio, Collective Exhibition “Visioni Artistiche” from 12th of September till 12th of October, Catania, Italy.
- 2020 - Art Pavilion Atzaro, Collective Exhibition “Alchemy of Her”, from 15th till 25th of August, Ibiza, Spain.
- 2020 - Arte Libre Gallery, on-line Collective Exhibition from March, “Your best painting”, https://www.artelibre.net/obras/29683.
- 2020 - Museum Contea del Caravaggio, Collective Exhibition “Tribute to the Master” from 7th of March till 7th of May, Catania, Italy.
- 2019 - Museum Contea del Caravaggio, Collective Exhibition “Masterful Work” from14th of December till 14th of February 2020, Catania, Italy.
- 2019 - Ghostar Ink Gallery, Collective Exhibition “Skate Art”, October, Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
- 2018 - Pedro Cano Fundation, Collective Exhibition “My Inner World” from10th of November till 2nd of December, Blanca, Spain.
- 2018 - Museum Fuente Álamo, Collective Exhibition “My Inner World” from 29th of September till 27th of October, Murcia, Spain.
- 2018 – May and September, Pop-up Art Event: “ETHEREAL fusion of Visual Art and Music”, Nagai, Ibiza, Spain.
ART EDUCATION & PRACTICE:
- 2020 Arantzazu Martínez, oil painting workshop, Cráneo Creación Gallery, Sevilla, Spain.
- 2018 Osamu Obi, oil painting workshop, MEAM, Barcelona, Spain
- 2018 Emanuele Dascanio´s Assistent.
- 2017 Eloy Morales, oil painting workshop, Madrid, Spain.
- 2017 Dirk Dzimirsky, drawing workshop, Ibiza, Spain.
- 2017 Emanuele Dascanio´s Assistent.
- 2016 Emanuele Dascanio, drawing workshop (graphite, charcoal, pierre noire), Ibiza, Spain.
- 2008 – 2010 Master in Advanced Studies in Art History - University of Barcelona, Spain.
- 2002 – 2007 Degree and Master in Art History - University of “Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski” in Warsaw.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
- Honorable Mention in Drawing Category in 15th International ARC Salon (2020-2021) .
- Finalist in 14th International ARC Salon (2019-2020).